Parent a Basketball Program

Basketball-Tips.com FREE weekly newsletter :

"'We never know the love of a parent, until we become a parent ourself.' I think that once a coach becomes a parent, it changes his perspective on how to teach young people. Raising my children, I did not only want them to do the right thing because 'Dad said so' but rather because it was the right thing to do. Their comes a time when 'Dad'(or Mom) is not going to be there, and yet a correct decision must be made. In order for this to occur, they had to learn 'why' it was the right thing, and 'how' it was going to benefit them. I believe that a similiar approach must be taken in basketball coaching, and that is stressed at
Basketball4all. We call it 'Parenting the Program.'"...read the rest here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Redlands/Grinnell System

Play Hard

THE POST-GAME HANDSHAKE